Thursday, November 1, 2012

30 Day Challenge

Hey guys,

I've been having a really had time keeping up a posting schedule this year. I've been totally swamped with school work. In 2 weeks, I'll be done with my last fall quarter of college. That's terrifying. I feel like the time is flying by, and my personality is being a little swallowed up by 15 hours of lab work a week.

 I've been trying to do 30 day challenges. This was sparked by this TED talk. It helps me feel like I have more control over my life, gives me daily goals that make me feel more accomplished, and forces me to have some fun.

http://www.ted.com/talks/matt_cutts_try_something_new_for_30_days.html

The last 30 days, Code Boyfriend and I tried a modified Paleo diet. It went really well, I felt like I had a lot more energy, but it's really hard to keep up while eating on a college campus. We've decided to keep a lot of the Paleo principles, more fruits and veggies, more protein, and less carbs, but I feel like living without bread for too long makes me sad.

MMM... cheeseburgers.

Anyways, for our next 30 day challenge, we wanted to do something that didn't involve restricting the way we eat. It's just too difficult when we spend a ton of time on campus during the last 2 weeks of a quarter.

So, in honor of NaNoWriMo, I'm going to be blogging every day, for the next 30 days. Code Boyfriend, is going to attempt to write an Android app, from scratch.

While these aren't 50,000 word novels, I think they are still fitting goals for the month of November.

 I'll leave you with a picture of my tiger pumpkin that I carved last night.

Go Tigers! I hope everyone had a great Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment