Monday, November 26, 2012

Oven Baked Tacos

No recipe today guys. I'm sorry, I took no pictures of dinner. It didn't look very pretty. Tasted good though.

I do have a story that ends in a tip.

When trying to make tacos, I discovered that we didn't have quite as much ground beef in the freezer as I thought we did.

I had to eat before the Hooks and Needles meeting, so I pressed on.

I bulked out the ground taco meat with an equal amount of cooked rice. This worked so well! It added a lot to the final texture of the tacos, and really extended the ground beef.

Just be sure to season the whole mixture, not just the meat, or you will end up with some pretty bland tacos.

My next tip is to always bake your tacos. No matter when kind of tacos you are having, combine the meat and cheese in the shell, I used both corn and flour tortillas, and put a full pan of them in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Not only does this let everyone sit down to eat at the same time instead of fighting over the taco filling, it completely melts the cheese and adds a nice crunch to the outside of the tortillas.

Give it a try the next time you make tacos... or run out of ground beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment