Sunday, November 11, 2012

Chicken Wing Dip Stuffed Shells

I have a final tomorrow. I'm kind of freaking out about it in a way that makes me not want to study. Instead, I want to pull the blankets over my head and pretend that finals are going to go away.

So, I made the week's most time consuming dish tonight... as a study break.


Chicken Wing Dip Stuffed Shells
  •  1 Box of Jumbo Pasta Shell, cooked al dente, even a little under. They'll finish in the oven.
  • 2 Shredded Chicken Breasts
  • 1/2 cup of Frank's Hot Sauce (I cut back on this because Code Boyfriend does not like spicy food, it was still really good)
  • 1/2 cup of Ranch Dressing
  • 4 oz, half of a box of Cream Cheese
  • 1/2 cup of Cheddar Cheese (extra for the top)
 For the sauce:
  • 2 Tablespoons of Tomato Paste
  • 2 Tablespoons of Frank's
  •  1/2 cup of Chicken Stock  
Mix shredded chicken, Frank's, ranch, and both kinds of cheeses in a bowl.

Spoon this mixture into the cooked shells and place into a glass baking dish. The shells can be on top of each other. 

Mix the tomato paste, Frank's and chicken stock in another bowl. Pour this over the shells.

Cover the shells with extra cheddar cheese.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese is all melty and the shells are cooked.


 These were amazing! But so filling. We have over half the pan left with 3 hungry college student eating. I should have cut the recipe in half, keep this in mind if you don't have an army to feed.   

Related: I want to use the jumbo shells to make giant mac and cheese. Maybe for winter quarter....     

No comments:

Post a Comment