Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Chocolate Custard and Pie Crust Cookies

Today, I made mini chocolate custard pies. But tomorrow's post will be about that.

Today, I'll give the custard in the pies its day in the sun.

I made Paula Deen's Baked Chocolate Custard. I should have strained it. It would have looked so much less grainy had I strained it. It is still delicious


 I also didn't use the hot cream to melt the chocolate. When heating the cream mixture, I added the chocolate chips to the saucepan. It think this does a better job at melting the chocolate chips than pouring the hot cream over them, but that's just me.

 I really do like the way these cookies came out. They are great for dipping in the custard, or pretty much anything else you can imagine.

I used Pillsbury pie crust, cut out circles and coated them with cinnamon sugar.

Then I placed them on a greased baking sheet in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. About half my tray was golden brown and crispy. The other half was just turning golden.

They are both delicious, but I really need to rotate things in my oven.

Hopefully the Hooks and Needles e-board will enjoy the snack, and I will have more details on that (and the other food for tonight) tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment