Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Granola Waffles


When I called home right before Code Boyfriend and I left for Colorado, I got one request. Make enough waffles to fill the freezer until I come back for Christmas.

My mom's favorite are my Granola Waffles. They turned out great. It would have stopped here, but my sister has a nut allergy. I'm sure you can make these waffles with nut-free granola, but I didn't have any. Nor did I feel like making any.

So, I also tried to make my sister Apple Cinnamon Waffles. Those worked out less well. Still edible, but every time I opened the waffle maker, the browned top of the waffle pulled away from the meat of the waffle... They taste good, but look less good.

I'm going to work on that recipe over Christmas break, I'll get back to you with Apple Cinnamon Waffles.

For right now, all I have to share is the Granola Waffle recipe.

Granola Waffles
  • 1 and 1/4 Cups of All Purpose Flour
  • 1 Cup of Granola
  • 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
  • 3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
  •  1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
  • 1 and 1/2 Cups of Milk
  • 2 Eggs
  • 6 Tablespoons of Butter, melted
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
 
Combine flour, granola, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and brown sugar in a large bowl.

In a small bowl, combine milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla.


Combine the wet and dry ingredients until just combined.

Pour about 1/4 a cup of batter into each of the squares of a waffle iron and cook as directed by the waffle iron.

I used the Cuisinart Griddler Waffle Iron plates and they took about 8 minutes at 350 degrees.


If you place them on a baking sheet on some paper towels in the freezer, and then place in a plastic baggie in your freezer, they will reheat just like frozen waffles. So much better though!

No comments:

Post a Comment