Saturday, November 3, 2012

Cinnamon Sugar Muddy Buddies

My roommate and I are slightly addicted to pinterest. She found a recipe for Churro Chex mix. When we were looking for a snack, we decided to give it a shot.

About half way through the recipe, I stopped using the recipe. They never stated when to add the powdered sugar to the mixture, and halfway through the mixing, they tell you to move the stick chex to a cookie sheet, and continue to mix.

.... all that did was get my cookie sheet all covered in cinnamon stickiness, while ruining my ability to stir.

Also, it tasted nothing like churros. But! What we ended up with, no one could stop eating. It was sweet and cinnamon-y, and in my opinion, perfect for Christmas parties.

So I will share it with you.

Cinnamon Sugar Muddy Buddies
  • 5 cups of Rice Chex (or really whatever kind of Chex you have, I'm sure it would be good with any kind)
  • 1 bad of cinnamon chips
  • 2 tablespoons of butter
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
 Measure out the 5 cups of chex into a large bowl. Set aside.

Melt the cinnamon chip with the butter in the microwave. Stir to combine, and pour over the chex.

Fold the cinnamon mixture into the chex, until the chex are thoroughly coated.

Combine the cinnamon and the granulated sugar to make cinnamon sugar (I know this step is difficult, try to press on)

Pour the cinnamon sugar over the chex, stirring to coat the chex.

They will still be rather sticky at this point. Sprinkle on the powdered sugar slowly, folding in powdered sugar until the chex are no longer clumping together.

Once they are coated in powdered sugar, they shouldn't stick together anymore and are ready for snacking!

Try not to eat them all yourself, it is a lot of sugar, but trust me. This won't stick around for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment