Saturday, November 24, 2012

Simple Chicken Stir Fry

I don't know about you all, but I am still feeling full from Thanksgiving.

Code Boyfriend and I have been trying to eat a little lighter since returning home from our vacation.

So tonight, I made a very simple chicken stir fry with brown rice.




Nothing spectacular today. We didn't eat breakfast and grabbed a quick lunch at Wegmans before we did our shopping.

It is full of veggies and easy to switch up with whatever veggies you may have on hand.
Chicken Stir Fry

  • 1 Chicken Breast, cut into strips
  • 1 Clove of Garlic
  • 1 Cup of Frozen Vegetable, I used Broccoli, Cauliflower and Carrots
  • 3 Tablespoons of Teriyaki Sauce -- The Wegman's Teriyaki sauce is very good
  • Olive Oil for the pan
  • 2 Tablespoons of Corn Starch
Coat the strips of chicken with the corn starch and place in a hot pan with enough olive oil in the bottom to prevent sticking. I used a non-stick pan, so I only needed a tablespoon or so.

Allow the chicken strips to brown on one side, almost cooking all the way through undisturbed. This took my chicken about 5 minutes. I used this time to make instant brown rice.

 After the chicken is mostly cooked, add the garlic, frozen veggies, and teriyaki sauce.

Allow the frozen vegetables to cook, about 7 minutes.

Serve over rice, noodles, or whatever strikes your fancy. I do like to serve with rooster sauce. I like the kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment