Monday, January 7, 2013

Carrot Cake Cookies

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I had a very nice Christmas break. Two weeks was not quite long enough to recharge my school batteries, but it was nice to remember what sleep feels like.

It's back to the college grind today, but it's very unsettling to think that I only have 5 months left.

Code Boyfriend and I have huge plans for after graduation, but more on that later.

Right now, I want to show you pictures from my awesome new camera (hooray for Christmas presents!), as well as the cookies I made for the Knitting Club e-board.

I got so busy before break that no one got any cookies! I had to fix that. So now, carrot cake cookies.

They're soft, and cake-y. Just like a carrot cake muffin. But only the top, which is everyone's favorite part anyways.

Doesn't that look good?

I'm so excited to dig in to them at the meeting tonight.



Carrot Cake Cookies
 Adapted from LandOLakes
  • 1 Cup of Butter, softened
  • 3/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
  • 3/4 Cup of White Sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2 and 1/2 Cups of Flour
  • 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 2 Teaspoons of Ground Cinnamon
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
  • 2 Cups of Shredded Carrots (About 4 Carrots)
Cream together butter and both sugars until fluffy.
Slowly beat in both eggs.
Beat in flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
Finally, gently mix in carrots.

Place about 2 tablespoons of dough about 2 inches on a baking sheet, lined with parchment or a silicon baking mat. (Please note my awesome new silicon baking mats!)

Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. They won't stay soft if you overcook them. And who wants crunchy carrot cake??





Frost with cream cheese frosting and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment