Wednesday, August 3, 2011

White Chocolate Orange Cookies

I made these cookies for my mother's friend's retirement party... twice.

You see, the recipe was supposed to yield 24 cookies, which was waaaay more than I wanted. So I originally cut the recipe in half, for a dozen cookies, in a normal cookie size.

Then I made mini-cupcakes and tiny little lemon cookies. The cookies looked GIANT, which worked out, because cutting the recipe in half was too few cookies... I know it sound like a lot, but these cookies are delicous and bake up fast.

I got the recipe from The Goddess's Kitchen, but the recipe was in grams... I'm in college, I do not own, nor wish to own a kitchen scale. So, here is a fantastic cookie recipe - in cups :)

White Chocolate Orange Cookies
Makes 2 dozen, and you are going to want all 24 :)
  • 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tsp of orange zest (1 orange)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups - minus 4 tablespoons of flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 cups of white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375.

Cream together butter and sugar.

Add beat in egg, orange zest, and vanilla.

Whisk together all dry ingredients.

 Combine wet and dry ingredients.

Beat in chocolate chips.

Roll into balls and flatten on a cookie sheet.

Bake for 8-10 minutes. Try not to eat them all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment