Monday, August 22, 2011

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Mini Muffins for Boyfriend

As I've mentioned, I am visiting boyfriend in San Diego. I've been making him little treats and freezing them so he has something to eat when I had back to school.

He loves muffins, especially mini ones he can pop into his mouth like popcorn. So, I wanted to make some with the chocolate chip banana bread that he loves.

Fun fact: I am allergic to bananas. Not horribly, I can touch them if I wash afterwards, but I cannot eat them. I am a wonderful girlfriend.

I wanted to share this delicious banana bread recipe. It almost cake-like. Very moist and tasty.

Chocolate Chip Banana Mini Muffins
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup vanilla bean yogurt
  • 1 banana mashed
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

 

Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.

In a separate bowl, microwave the ripe banana  for 20 seconds.


This makes the banana much easier to mash.


Combine the mashed banana with the egg, yogurt, and vegetable oil. I used to very nice, flavorful yogurt to enhance the flavor of the muffin, plus that's what I had in the fridge.


Pour the wet ingredients on top of the drive, and mix until barely moitened.


Mix in chocolate chips.


Spray the muffin tin with no stick spray, and fill 3/4 full.



Sprinkle the top of the muffins with cinnamon and some natural sugar if you can get your hands on a packet, this makes the tops of the muffins look and taste amazing.


Bake for 10-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean, and your kitchen is full of lovely banana smells. A spoon really helps remove the muffins from their tins without damaging them.

This is a great recipe to make and freeze for days when you need to grab a quick breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment