Saturday, December 10, 2011

Yukon Gold Cinnamon Rolls

So, I've been a very bad blogger. I only have 3 weeks of Winter Quarter before break, and my professors are trying to squeeze all they can out of me before Christmas.

Plus, I was hosting the Knitting Club's holiday party last  night. I was on my feet from 9 am until 2 am. Tired panda.

For this party, I decided to make Cinnamon rolls. Everybody loves cinnamon rolls, right? I used this Bon Appétit recipe, for Yukon Gold Cinnamon rolls. 

The potatoes in the dough makes them so moist you can't dry them out, and so tender, people will think you bought them.


I highly recommend this recipe to anyone who wants to make cinnamon rolls, with a few pro tips.


1. Have a lot of extra flour on hand, this recipe, while making very tasty, tender rolls, they do take about twice as many cups of flour as the recipe states.


2. They do not need to bake as long as state, my rolls were quite thoroughly baked through after 9-11 minutes. 


3. Cut the recipe in half. I made a full batch and it made 3 dozen large rolls. I have no idea who can use this recipe to make 12 rolls. This is what happened to me with one batch...
You have been warned.


I do love these rolls, and I hope you all can use this recipe for your holiday celebrations. 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment